A new challenge (water) has entered the picture for the riders of the next Red Bull X-Fighters World Tour in Munich on July 19. The entire track will float on a body of water inside the Olympic Park!
Each rider will have to dive in and challenge the superkicker, two quarterpipes, four regular ramps, and two gap jumps on the ingenious structure that weighs as much as 12 Boeing 747s. Covering the length of 450 meters, it’s also the first linear Red Bull X-Fighters layout, demanding outstanding rhythm, stamina and focus. Adelberg is ready dominate this round and ride the wave all the way to the championship as the World Tour moves to its final stop in Pretoria, South Africa this August.
Here are some basic facts about this extraordinary set-up on the Olympic Lake:
– First floating course on a lake in FMX history
– 260 pontoons, each 4 x 2 meters in size
– Course weight: 2000 tons equaling 12 Boeing 747 aircrafts
– First-ever linear track at Red Bull X-Fighters
– Track length: 450 meters (1,476 feet)
– 2-week set-up with four 50-ton cranes and 70 trucks involved
– 4 regular ramps, 1 superkicker, 2 quarter pipes, 2 gap jumps
– All riders must be able to swim in order to compete
– First-ever water rescue as part of the safety team
Tickets: Munich Tickets
Webcast: We will stream the entire competition live right here on redbullxfighters.com/munich-live, Red Bull TV, Xbox 360, Apple TV and Samsung Smart TV. Please note that the live webcast is geo-blocked in the US.
July 19: Europe: 06:00pm (CET) | Canada: 09:00am (PST) | Mexico: 11:00am (CST) | Brasil: 01:00pm (BRT)
July 20: Japan: 01:00am (JST) | Australia: 02:00am (AEST)| New Zealand: 04.00am (NZST)
TV: The main event will also broadcast live on several TV stations around the globe. Please check local listings for details. German, Austrian & Swiss fans can watch the event on ServusTV and ProSieben Fun.
Live Results: To get results and standings in real-time, hit redbullxfighters.com/results.